December 3, 2008

1 Week, 3 Days Left!!!!!!

Prescription to Moving Blues:
Have a Good Cry... then enjoy a pan of Brownies and a carton of Breyers Ice Cream!
Works EVERY Time!

So... I've been doing really good on numbing my emotions about the move in a week and a half, but yesterday it kind of hit hard realizing that we will not only be leaving our good friends here in Idaho but I will be leaving my Best Friend Brooke here!!! She is getting married in January and they don't plan on moving back to California (hopefully we can change that!). Sure it's a mix of emotions and hormones but.... We won't have any friends in Woodland!!!!!! It'll be so nice to have family around us and nice weather but we will have to start over with friends! Here in Idaho we have been surrounded by wonderful couples our age and many, many kids for Cambree to play with (her favorite is Jagger). We have the best ward that we've been in for three and a half years and we will miss the fresh air and even the snow (a little)! I have absolutely no problem saying adios to the cold!!! Ever since Cambree was born we have been dying to get out of Rexburg and live near family but now that the time has come I'm not sure I want to leave this place! It's my bubble! No worldly worries, No crime, No danger... No bad stuff! In the summer I would put Cambree in the stroller and take off from our front steps on a new adventure. We would go play at Porter Park (one block away) or walk to the store (two blocks away) and some times we would even walk to the bank (five blocks away). I never had to worry about bad people or mean dogs chasing us. I feel so safe here and hope that I can get comfortable with Woodland again! Right now it just seems so scary! We have so many fun memories here in Rexburg... dating, hospital visits, first home, hospital visits, baby, hospital visits... Cambree has had many of her Firsts here in this little home and she won't ever see it or remember it. At least we have 15,000 picture to remind her!!!

Anyways... my emotional break down is now over and I need to continue packing! Thanks for reading and if anyone has any words of encouragement... PLEASE SHARE THEM NOW! I could really use some! Thanks!   

8 comments:

Katy said...

What? I didn't know you are moving!!! nooooooo!!!! (those are probably NOT the words of encouragement you wanted to hear!) But seriously, seems like all the GOOD folks are moving away from Rexburg... and it's just not okay!

But on the encouragement side: Thank heavens for blogging... I've said it before and I'll say it again, blogging makes the world so much smaller-- we will MISS you guys here in our Bubbletown, but I'm so grateful that it's not "OVER" since I can still watch your sweet family grow, grow, grow. Please stay in touch. I know your family will BLOOM and FLOURISH anywhere... but isn't it so great that you got a good start on it here in Rexburg? I think so!

BIG hugs and loves to your family... we'll miss you guys!

but don't forget to update the blog frequently!!! ;)

jbeus said...

Hey Keisha (I'm sure I didn't get that spelling right),
First off, good job on getting through your education!! And congrats on the move. Jer and I sure miss living below you. We wish you the best in Cali! And the best piece of advice I can give you is to always cherish your Rexburg life- love it and learn from it. But begin anew with a positive attitude in your new chapter of life. We love you and miss you.
Brittany Beus

DeHaan-Lybbert Familia said...

Good Luck neighbor! We'll miss ya!

Angela said...

My best advice comes from Elder Worthlin's last talk..."come what may and love it!"
I had a hard time moving on from Rexburg when we moved but eventually I realized that I was making myself unhappy by dwelling on what I used to have in Rexburg. Just remember that through the internet you can keep in touch with your old friends. Now you can make new friends in California. Just try your best to enjoy what you have...it will never be Rexburg again but life will still be great, if you let it be great.

alma and nicole smith said...

not so much words of encouragement...but we're going to miss your stinking guts!!! we're so sad to see you go...but so happy for you too (6 months and counting for us!). cambree is jaggers favorite too, by a long shot :) we have to get together before you leave!

The Roylances said...

I dont know what we are going to do without our neighbors across the street...I cant believe this time has already come. Its nice we have these blogs to keep in touch though. We will definately miss having you all here. But for encouragement, it will be so nice to be around family. You will love it. Just keep thinking positive. Let us know if we can do anything to help.

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel girlfriend. I can't believe it's coming to an end. I admire you for getting up there and bearing your testimony. I'm emotional as it is and I think I would have been a blubbering mess up there!
All I can say is thank goodness for blogs. I hope I can keep in touch with you and all those who have moved to the "real world". We will miss your sweet family a lot!

The Olligschlager Family said...

Boy do I know how you feel! I hope you are enjoying the sunshine!!!