Beware: There is a new strain of Hand Foot & Mouth Disease going around the US. It recently hit Northern California, and unfortunately in our home. The Doctors just got the notice of an outbreak of this new strain on Friday, the day it hit Mason! It's very aggressive and very painful. It now covers his whole body but the worst parts are on his face, hands, feet and diaper area. Last night he screamed from 12-3am nonstop. Nothing could make him feel better. Poor little guy! I feel so helpless! There is nothing we can do... In some cases of this new, "angry" strain children are losing their fingernails a few weeks after it hits. It affects the skin development, such as nails. The Dr said if that happens they should grow back normal. Lots of prayers for our little guy! He is in pain. I really hope Cambree does not get this!
This was right after I walked in the door from girls camp! I missed his sweet smiles!
The blisters are all the way up his leg. They are bad on his feet and knees.
His little hands look really bad. They are covered front and back.
His poor little face!
His entire legs are bumpy! =(
1 comment:
We'll be keeping him in our prayers. My sister and her two kids had that about a year ago and it was miserable! I can't imagine a little guy like Mason having to go through that! Hope you guys can hang in there!
Post a Comment