Well... we have survived the first week! Let's just hope that week 2 decides to go a little better! Mason was born with a very cute, sad, kitty like cry and now he has found his full lung capacity! You know when you hear a newborn wailing and you wonder what could possibly be wrong with that kid... well that's our boy! He even brings out the big guns when he wants food!
We know all is well with my milk supply and he is definitely getting enough because I had a Lactation Appointment today and they weighed his progress before and after I fed him. At birth he was 8 lb 9 oz. At his 2 day apt. he weighed 8 lb 2 oz (they usually lose up to 10%). She said they would like to see babies back to their birth weight by 2 weeks old..... today (1 week) he weighed in at 8 lb 12 oz. That's a 10 oz weight gain in 4 days! After he ate he was 8 lb 14 almost 15 oz. YEAY!
I believe that a babies natural survival mechanism is their absolute CUTENESS!

I waited and waited to get this sleepy smiling picture! My favorite of all times!

So peaceful when he's sleeping!






2 comments:
Oh Keisha, I'm so happy for you and your beautiful family!! I loved reading your birth story (i love those) and little Mason is just completely adorable!! love that smiling shot... perfection
glad to find your blog, yur little man is adorable!
Post a Comment